A downloadable game
Welcome to the Home of JubiCat's 2nd game, DisFabled!
How often do you see the handicapped in a video game?
We've decided not only to include them but to make them the stars of our RPG!
- A dark cave without lights? Let the blind navigate.
- A hypnotic sound wave tower? Let the deaf take it down.
- Blind guy strong but can't aim? Let a teammate guide his shots through a combo attack similar to that in Chrono Trigger.
In the land of Kitalonia, the disabled are ready to show that Nothing is Impawsible.
A paraplegic cat's grandmother is kidnapped, and his disability check is the ransom demand. But the check never arrives in the mail...
So he embarks on a treasure hunt with other disabled denizens to rescue his grandmother and uncover a mystery that threatens the entire nation of Kitalonia.
CHARACTERS & CONCEPT ART
Dopaws the Cat: a cat born paraplegic. He wants to join the Kitalonian Army but is ineligible. His grandmother, Grand-meow, encourages him to believe that "Nothing is impawsible." When she is kidnapped, he must trek dangerous quests to secure the ransom, and his beliefs are put to the test.
- Since he only uses his arms to move, he has high upper-body strength and a strong claw attack.
- He can also build charging velocity with his wheelchair. When equipped with a helmet, he can ram into a line of enemies.
- Dopaws is most effective that attacking quick ground enemies and plowing through crowds.
Biddy the Bat: a blind, streetwise citizen of Kitalonia. When Biddy hears of Dopaws' plight, he offers to help him hunt treasure for the ransom in exchange for treating him to the finest fruitarian restaurant.
- Using echolocation to navigate, Biddy is essential to clearing the first dungeon, which is deep and dark (electronics and torches don't work for some reason).
- Biddy's sound waves are an excellent AoE debuff which can be magnified with a megaphone or a musical instrument (e.g. whistle).
- Biddy effectively acts best as a spellcaster for the group.
Leafy the Dog: a deaf, resourceful citizen of Kitalonia. In case you were wondering, his breed is retriever; his name refers to his leafy ears. Dopaws can rescue Leafy in the deepest level of the first dungeon (the pungent smells disrupt his sense of smell). He has a special smartphone with unusually long battery life and access to Pawprints (Kitalonia's #1 social media app) to identify people and communicate by text messaging. But why was he blindly exploring that dark dungeon in the first place?
- Leafy has the highest standard attack damage through his hard bite. He can equip fangs or dentures to enhance.
- Leafy can dig for a random item which can be stored in your inventory. Some items dug in battle could be weapons to use immediately (e.g. poison mushroom).
- After story points, Leafy obtains a powerful, less random ability of Summoning another canine to battle.
- Leafy effectively acts as a grunt, geomancer (c/p Final Fantasy III), and later a Summoner.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.